Monday, November 8, 2010

Blog 12

Blog Post Assignment Instruction

Watch the video A Vision of K-12 Students Today by (4:09) B. Nesbitt on YouTube.com. This video is similar to A Vision of Students Today but it’s coming from another perspective. View this video and really think about what it means to you as a future educator. In your blog post, write about your thoughts from the video, how it made you feel, and state a personal technological goal that you’re determined to meet to help your future students.


Post Response


This video is so sad to me. Fortunately though, it's also a positive wake-up call. When I have children that are under the age of 10 telling me in my face that their teacher isn't updated enough for them to learn, I know I need to step up my game now. Once we get behind, it's hard to catch up. We are cheating our students if aren't capable of using new technology or features to further our students' education. Teachers are there to help, not hold back. My goal as a future educator is to become more knowledge about everything I come across. Thankfully I am in this course! Because of this course, I am more familiar with the multiple features of Google, blogs, and other things like iMovie and the Flip Camera. What I have to do now is stay determined; I won't be in the class forever. I must be involved in the latest, more innovative products.

2 comments:

  1. Leah, I agree with you that "once we get behind, it's hard to catch up." In particular, teaching our students how to learn in an increasingly technological world is something that we cannot afford to fall behind on. Great post! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leah,

    Good post! I think this would be a good assignment for students in EDM 310. I think this video is important for us as teachers to understand what impact we can have in the classroom.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete